IF YOU CREATE MOBILE FEEDBACK:
- Your data is owned by you. Not only that, but Suggestar treats your surveys as if they were private. We don't sell them to anyone and we don’t use the survey responses you collect for our own purposes, except in a limited set of circumstances (e.g. if we are compelled by a subpoena, or if you've made your survey responses public).
- Survey data is stored on servers located in the United States.
IF YOU PROVIDE FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS:
- Feedback and Surveys are administered by Suggestar Feedback creators. Feedback creators conduct thousands of surveys each day using our services. We host the surveys on our websites and collect the responses that you submit to the feedback creator. If you have any questions about a survey you are taking, please contact the feedback creator directly as Suggestar is not responsible for the content of that survey or your responses to it.
- Are your responses anonymous? Your responses are anonymous unless you provide your email address at the end of the Smartphone survey.
- We don't sell your responses to third parties. Suggestar doesn't sell or share your survey responses with third party advertisers or marketers (although the survey creator might, so check with them). Suggestar merely acts as a custodian on behalf of the survey creator who controls your data.
Survey Creators & Survey Respondents
PRIVACY FOR SURVEY CREATORS
1. What information does Suggestar collect?
When you use Suggestar, we collect information relating to you and your use of our services from a variety of sources. These are listed below. The sections afterward describe what we do with this information.
Information we collect directly from you
- Registration information. You need a Suggestar account before you can create surveys on Suggestar. When you register for an account, we collect your username, password and email address.
- Billing information. If you make a payment to Suggestar, we require you to provide your billing details, such as a name, address, email address and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number). If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder.
- Account settings. You can set various preferences and personal details on pages like your account manager page.
- Feedback data. We store your survey data (questions and responses) for you.
- Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial, or participate in a Suggestar contest.
We safeguard your respondents' email addresses. Rest assured, Suggestar will not email your survey respondents or people in your database except at your direction. We definitely don’t sell those email addresses to any third parties.
Information we collect about you from other sources
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Referral data. If you arrive at a Suggestar website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from third parties. We may collect your personal information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us. For example, you have the option of registering and signing into Suggestar with your Facebook account details. If you do this, the authentication of your logon details is handled by Facebook and we only collect information about your Facebook account that you expressly agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your Suggestar account to be linked to your Facebook account.
- Information from page tags. We use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
2. How does Suggestar use the information we collect?
- To provide you with our services.
- This includes providing you with customer support, which requires us to access your information to assist you (such as with survey design and creation or technical troubleshooting).
- Certain features of our services use the content of your survey questions and responses and your account information in additional ways. Feature descriptions will clearly identify where this is the case. You can avoid the use of your survey data in this way by simply choosing not to use such features.
- If you choose to link your Suggestar account to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we may use the information you allow us to collect from those third parties to provide you with additional features, services, and personalized content.
- To manage our services. We internally use your information, including certain survey data, for the following limited purposes:
- To monitor and improve our services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services. However, we do not use the non-public content of surveys (i.e. the content of questions and responses that you have not publicly shared) for these purposes.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To screen for undesirable or abusive activity. For example, we have automated systems that screen content for phishing activities, spam, and fraud.
- To create new services, features or content (public data and metadata only). We may use public survey data and anonymized survey metadata (that is, data about the characteristics of a survey but not its non-public content), to create and provide new services, features or content. For example, we may look at statistics like response rates, question and answer word counts, and the average number of questions in a survey and publish interesting observations about these for informational or marketing purposes. When we do this, neither individual survey creators nor survey respondents will be identified or identifiable unless we have obtained their permission.
- To facilitate account creation and the logon process. If you choose to link your Suggestar account to a third party account (such as your Twitter or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate the account creation and login process.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can't opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
- To contact you for marketing purposes (if you opt in). We will only do this if you have given us your express permission to contact you for this purpose. For example, during the account registration process we will ask for your permission to use your information to contact you for promotional purposes.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
3. With whom do we share or disclose your information?
We don't sell your data!
When might we disclose your survey data to third parties? Only for a limited number of reasons. Mostly commonly, we share your information with our service providers who help us to provide our services to you. We contractually bind these service providers to keep your information confidential and to use it only for the purpose of providing their services to us. For example, we use payment processors who help us to process credit card transactions. By using our services, you authorize Suggestar to sub-contract in this manner on your behalf.
Rarer circumstances include when we need to share information if required by law, or in a corporate restructuring or acquisition context (see below for more details).
We may disclose:
- Aggregated information to third parties to improve or promote our services. No individuals can be identified or linked to any part of the information we share with third parties to improve or promote our services.
- The presence of a cookie to advertise our services. We may ask advertisers to display ads promoting our services on other websites. We may ask them to deliver those ads based on the presence of a cookie but in doing so will not share any other information with the advertiser.
- Your information if required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
- Your information if there's a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (including a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between Suggestar entities, you expressly consent to Suggestar transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our services. If required, Suggestar will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
- Information you expressly consent to be shared. For example, we may expressly request your permission to provide your contact details to third parties for various purposes, including to allow those third parties to contact you for marketing purposes. (You may later revoke your permission, but if you wish to stop receiving communications from a third party to which we provided your information with your permission, you will need to contact that third party directly.)
4. What are your rights to your information?
- Update your account details. You can update your registration and other account information on your My Account page. Information is updated immediately.
- Download/backup your data. We provide you with the ability to export, share and publish your survey data in a variety of formats. This allows you to create your own backups or conduct offline data analysis.
- Delete your survey data. Deleting survey will permanently delete survey data immediately. To the extent permitted by law, we will permanently delete your data if you request to cancel your account.
- Cancel your account. To cancel and delete your account, please contact customer support. Deleting your account will cause all the survey data in the account to be permanently deleted, as permitted by law, and will disable your access to any other services that require a Suggestar account. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
For how long do we retain your data? We generally retain your data for as long as you have an account with us, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Data that is deleted from our servers may remain as residual copies on offsite backup media for up to approximately 12 months afterward.
Security, cookies and other important information
- Security. We are committed to handling your personal information and data with integrity and care. However, regardless of the security protections and precautions we undertake, there is always a risk that your personal data may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the internet.
- To make our site easier to use. If you use the "Keep me logged in" feature when you sign into your account, we may store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to sign in whenever you return to Suggestar.
- Blogs and Forums. Our website offers publicly accessible blogs and community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We’re not responsible for any personal information you choose to submit in these areas of our site.
- Safety of Minors and COPPA. Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. "Minors" are individuals under the age of majority in their place of residence (or under 13 in the United States). Suggestar does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at hello@Suggestar.com.
- Accessing and correcting your personal data. You have the right to access and correct the personal information that Suggestar holds about you. This right may be exercised through by visiting your account's My Account page or by emailing hello@Suggestar.com.
- Your responsibilities. By using our services, you agree to comply with applicable data protection requirements when collecting and using your survey data, such as requirements to inform respondents about the specific uses and disclosures of their data.
- Our servers are based in the United States, so your personal data will be primarily processed by us in the United States. You consent to the transfer and processing of your personal data in the United States by Suggestar.com.
- You consent and agree that we may transfer your data to data processors located in countries, including the United States, which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary, and you may revoke your consent by opting out at any time. Please note that if you opt-out, we may no longer be able to provide you our services.
- You consent to us sharing your personal data with relevant persons working for service providers who assist us to provide our services.